Friday, September 26, 2008

IRC Logs September 25th

Jesse_Eichar hi emily
Jesse_Eichar so any body have any topics they want to talk about?
Jesse_Eichar ShaneIPS? you want to talk builds?
emily_g hello jesse
emily_g I don't think I have anything important
Jesse_Eichar fair enough
emily_g if anybody is interested we have been working on a tiled rendering system which seems to mostly work. We still have some bugs and performance issues to sort out but you can watch shapefiles render in tiles and pan around without flickering.
Jesse_Eichar Nice
Jesse_Eichar So should I cut a demo app?
Jesse_Eichar :D
emily_g probably not yet
mauro_ He eveyone
emily_g the rcp app in the tutorials section uses our tiling stuff
Jesse_Eichar ok
Jesse_Eichar but not the default uDig?
emily_g no, not the default uDig
emily_g however I have played around with it in the default udig
Jesse_Eichar I see. How do you turn it on?
emily_g you need to make the MapEditor use the TiledRenderManagerDynamic instead of the RenderManagerDynamic - this will get you rendering into tiles but won't help with the flicker free panning
emily_g for flicker free panning you need to make the MapEditor use a ViewportPaneTiledSWT, but I haven't tried this out in the MapEditor soI don't know what the results are like (I've only tested this out in the MapView we created)
emily_g so what this means for now is that you have the manually change the code; I think at one point Jody suggested adding a preference page
Jesse_Eichar ok thanks emily
Jesse_Eichar since no one seems to have much to say I'm going to continue working on the 1.2 sdk and app export
mauro_ :) then I will check SC3 with our plugins
Jesse_Eichar please
Jesse_Eichar I am going to call it 1.1 tomorrow so if you don't find anything by then... :)
ShaneIPS Hi Jesse, I'm available for talking builds:)
mauro_ I think my test will be a big success :)
Jesse_Eichar too late
Jesse_Eichar joking
Jesse_Eichar Hi Shane
ShaneIPS hello
Jesse_Eichar I found what I think is the last big bug
ShaneIPS I just finished checking out a little while ago
Jesse_Eichar ok
Jesse_Eichar have you tried the mvn yet?
ShaneIPS yes...but it's still giving me the same errors
Jesse_Eichar ok
Jesse_Eichar of course
Jesse_Eichar you have to delete the old maven plugin
ShaneIPS oooh
Jesse_Eichar it won't download the new one cause I didn't change the version numbers
ShaneIPS from the m2 directory?
Jesse_Eichar .m2/org/scala-tools should do it
Jesse_Eichar .m2/repository/...
Jesse_Eichar that is
ShaneIPS ok...I'm trying it now
Jesse_Eichar let me know
Jesse_Eichar I really hope it works it was a nightmare getting it as far as I did
Jesse_Eichar I hate URLs in java
ShaneIPS ok...it appears to be working now..I'll give you a final update as soon as it finishes
Jesse_Eichar ok I am fixing a bug where I get the name of the final zip file wrong. But it shouldn't take me long to fix
ShaneIPS alright...sounds great:)
mauro_ Jesse_Eichar: bad lack :(
Jesse_Eichar what problem?
mauro_ Jesse_Eichar: yes
mauro_ udig dont display the create layer dialog
mauro_ do you know this issue
mauro_ ?
Jesse_Eichar with your plugin or normally?
mauro_ normaly
mauro_ without axios
Jesse_Eichar hmmm. It worked for me. what platform?
Jesse_Eichar linux I guess?
mauro_ linux
Jesse_Eichar 64 bit?
mauro_ 32
Jesse_Eichar ok haven't tried 32
mauro_ this is the fail
Jesse_Eichar Did you see this problem in SC2?
mauro_ !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2008-09-25 17:31:00.942
mauro_ !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
mauro_ !STACK 0
mauro_ java.lang.NullPointerException
mauro_ at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.actions.NewLayerAction.setDefaultGeomType(Unknown Source)
mauro_ at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.actions.NewLayerAction.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
mauro_ at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:246)
mauro_ at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
mauro_ at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
mauro_ at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
mauro_ I will send you the log
mauro_ by mail
Jesse_Eichar what type of data?
mauro_ I cannot set anything
mauro_ I am creating a layer
Jesse_Eichar oh right
Jesse_Eichar What work flow?
Jesse_Eichar Layer > Create?
mauro_ but udig does not show the dialog
mauro_ yes
Jesse_Eichar ok let me look into this
Jesse_Eichar this is a critical problem
Jesse_Eichar (obviously)
mauro_ New map > Layer > create
mauro_ ok
Jesse_Eichar interesting
Jesse_Eichar only happens when you do that to an empty map
Jesse_Eichar aaaahhh I know why
mauro_ good!
Jesse_Eichar because the create layer dialog tries to find defaults from the selected layer
Jesse_Eichar ok fixing
mauro_ good
Jesse_Eichar could you do other testing to make sure that is the only error you encounter?
Jesse_Eichar just add a layer to the map before creating a new layer
mauro_ ok
Jesse_Eichar or create a layer without an open map
Jesse_Eichar thanks
mauro_ it go well
mauro_ goes
mauro_ udig without map; then Layer > Create
mauro_ udig open the create new layer dialog :)
Jesse_Eichar good good
Jesse_Eichar ok got to run home
Jesse_Eichar thank you all for visiting
CIA-52 UDig: jeichar * r30831 udig/extras/headlessbuild/ (4 files in 2 dirs): quick hack to make the build work
Jesse_Eichar ShaneIPS I had a good build you can try it out and see if it works
Jesse_Eichar see you all later

No comments: